Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to the Grind

If there was one thing I learned this weekend, it is that this momma is OUT.OF.SHAPE and needs to work out!! (Not that I didn’t already know that… I think I’ve just been in denial.)



Even though it had been two years since I’ve tried to get up on a wakeboard, I should have been able to as I was able to get up the very first time I ever tried. But out of four tries on Saturday afternoon, I got up once. It could have been the combination of a two year break, a few beers, and choppy water at 4pm, but it was definitely a fail. And I am SORE as hell now. All I can think of is how easy it used to be for me to do stuff like that, as I’ve always been fairly athletic. I guess having a baby, not being down to your pre-pregnancy weight, and not exercising would make a difference. Having a baby must have totally aged me. Haha! I really need to start getting on the exercising ball, especially with winter already right around the corner. By spring I’ll be unrecognizable if I don’t do something about this “little extra”!! I also want to be back to my solid self before we TTC again towards the end of next year.


Something I am excited about though… I’m finally going to get my Jake tattoo, and my sister tattoo! Thursday is the day. I think I’ve decided that I’m going to get my sister one (ACK<3) on the inner part of my right ankle, going vertical. The Jake tattoo is going to go on my left shoulder blade. It’s going to be a wide-set heart with his name in beautiful cursive with his birth date in roman numerals. (III.III.MMX) That way, when we have baby #2, I can get the same tattoo replicated on my right shoulder blade, with name and birth date. If we ever decide to have a third, which won’t happen, I can always center it on my back or neck somewhere.


Anyway, the rest of our weekend was good. Did some shopping yesterday, and had some chicken fajitas over at my mom’s house. Jake got to try squash, the last stage one veggie! Wednesday we get to start fruits and I know it will not be a problem. Haha!


Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment