Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Discovering the World

Wow… I can’t believe it’s been a week since I updated last. I really need a new laptop so I can have computer access from home.



It’s been really hot here the past couple of days. We’re talking high 90’s on Monday, and yesterday when I drove home from work, the digital thermometer in my car read 106 degrees outside. Yeah! This is after our entire summer going by without the temperature breaking much higher than 80 most days. Basically this means that it doesn’t cool off AT ALL before we go to bed, since we’re in bed between 8 and 9, and the sun sets at about 8. Since it is so warm, I’ve taken Jake outside for little walks with me the past couple of nights at dusk. He absolutely LOVES being outside. He loves looking around, looking at the sky, the plants, the trees, etc. Everything is just so new and wondrous to him, and he loves to touch everything. So, I walk around and name things off as he touches different plants and things. He grabbed one of the branches of leaves on the tree in our front yard and of course looks at it, feels it, then immediately tries to put it in his mouth. I grabbed his hand and he looked at me, and I said “No, baby. We do not eat trees.” And he literally looked like he understood, and he let go! Of course a couple of minutes later he had lost it, and tried again to eat the leaves lol. But amazing that he really seemed to understand what I was saying. I took this picture of his little hand reaching out to touch the tree leaves, which I love, because it just makes me think of him learning about his environment and surroundings, everything being new and interesting.

If only we could all look at everything as if it was brand new and interesting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment